Vegan carob cake with plum jam is one type of cake I make at the place I work at. It got good feedback and requests for recipe so I decided to share it with you 🙂 In Slovenia carob is commonly used in desserts and I wanted to use it as an alternative to cocoa powder. #shoplocalbaby
That is also the reason why this recipe is so similar to very famous recipe on my page: vegan chocolate cake.
Vegan carob cake with plum jam
Delicious vegan carob cake with plum jam that is very easy to make.
- 350 g white or wholewheat flour
- 250g white or brown sugar
- 160 g carob powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 6 dl plant-based milk
- 1,2 dl oil (I used the olive oil but you can also use sunflower oil)
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Jar of plum jam
- Optional: cocoa nibs for topping
- Step 1 Start preheating the oven on 200°C.
- Step 2 In one bowl mix flour, sugar, carob, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another mix milk, oil and lemon juice.
- Step 3 Mix the dry ingredients slowly in the liquid mixture
- Step 4 Divide the mixture in two parts and bake in two oiled cake pans Ø 22 cm. If you have only one bake in two batches. Bake the layer for 20-25 minutes – until a toothpick comes out clean. When it’s done put it out of the cake pan, cool it down and repeat the baking with the rest of the batter.
- Step 5 Spread around 10 tablespoons of plum jam in-between layers and then top some more on the cake. Sprinkle with some cocoa nibs for extra crunch.
Serve it with vanilla ice-cream for extra treat.