When I made this for breakfast the other day I had no idea it will turn into a recipe. But this delicious turmeric-cinnamon oats porridge with persimmon is so fragrant, creamy and easy to make I am sharing it with all of you.
PS.: My love for persimmon is huge. It is like candy. But it’s fruit. Damn.
Turmeric-cinnamon oats porridge with persimmon
Fragrant bowl of oats porridge spiced with cinnamon and turmeric and topped with persimmon is a perfect snack to warm you up.
- 150 g oats
- 0,7-0,9 dl water (you can also use some plant based milk)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1,5 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 persimmons
- Optional: cocoa nibs and coconut for topping
- Step 1 Put all the ingredients except toppings and persimmons in a pot and cook for about 8 minutes while stirring. You can add water gradually – how much of it you need really depends on type of oats. Add salt to your taste.
- Step 2 When the mixture is nicely thick and oats are cooked serve in bowls, top with mushed persimmons and toppings of your choice.
The cooking time and amount of water will vary depending on how ground the oats are.