Baked apples straight from the oven are a delicious and quick treat. Made with only few ingredients too. I used some tofu and walnuts for filling. And of course honey – it just reminds me of childhood so much.
Baked apples are sweet treat you can easily make.
- 6 apples
- 100 g tofu
- 60 g dates
- 50 g walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of honey*
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- Step 1 Start preheating oven on 200ºC.
- Step 2 Scoop out the middle of the apple helping yourself with a special tool for that or a small knife.
- Step 3 Blend all the ingredients except apples.
- Step 4 Fill the apples with the mixture.
- Step 5 Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Step 6 Serve with a drizzle of honey.
*Use maple syrup for vegan version.