Autumn brought so much abundance and I really wanted to capture some of it in a dish. So in this autumn abundance salad we have some pumpkin, pomegranate, radicchio, pears … And each ingredient adds to an amazing combo of flavors.
It also includes one local ingredient – goats cheese for grill. It was a gift from an eco farm Koza and I was blown away. It grills so nicely and adds so much flavor to the salad.
At this point it is maybe also worth mentioning that I do eat mostly plant-based food but when it comes to dairy products that are made in small eco farms – I will eat them with great pleasure.
Autumn abundance salad
Colorful and flavorful autumn salad with goats cheese.
- 1 medium sized butternut pumpkin (or other orange pumpkin that bakes well)
- 200 g Brussels sprouts
- 100 g radicchio
- 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 fistfuls of rapunzel
- 1 pear
- Few walnuts*
- 250 g goats cheese for grill
- Also: oil, thyme, balsamic vinegar
- Dressing - I simply added some salt, vinegar and quality olive oil
- Step 1 Start preheating oven on 200ºC.
- Step 2 Cut the butternut pumpkin to small cubes, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with thyme, toss and bake for around 20-25 minutes. When it is done salt to taste.
- Step 3 Meanwhile roast halved heads of Brussels sprouts in a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. When they are done (after 8-10 minutes) add sliced radicchio and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vingar. Mix, set aside and salt to taste.
- Step 4 Clean the rapunzel, chop pear to small cubes, chop walnuts and deseed pomegranate. At the end grill the goats cheese.
- Step 5 Assemble everything together, add dressing and serve.
The recipe will be a nice full meal for two people or it can be a side dish for more.
*I recommend putting the walnuts in the over for few minutes while the pumpkin is baking. So they will be nicely toasted mmm